The 24-year-old was charged with first-degree intentional homicide, attempted first-degree sexual assault, and physical abuse of a child. The authorities responded to the family’s home following reports of a possible sex crime, according to police press release. Medrano’s father and stepmother were found deceased in the home.
A 15-year-old girl at the house later told investigators Medrano had barged into her room with a machete earlier that morning and began strangling her. He also brought a pair of socks to muzzle her with, the complaint alleged.
Medrano’s father eventually rushed into the bedroom, confronted his son, and was stabbed to death, police said. Medrano later allegedly attacked his stepmother and fled the home.
He was found by police covered in blood, clutching the machete at his brother’s home. The distraught man reportedly begged officers to end his life.
“Just kill me,” Medrano told law enforcement, according to the criminal complaint.
He was taken into custody without incident. Medrano allegedly confessed to having sexual fantasies about the teenager and admitted to killing his father after a struggle between the two men.
“This is as violent, assaultive and tragic a set of crimes that one can commit against their own family members,” Kenosha County District Attorney Michael Graveley said. “The evidence in this case is extremely strong. There is not only a confession, but multiple eye witnesses, including the traumatized children who see many of the acts that take place, and the surviving intended sexual assault victim who is going to bear these scars, obviously, for a lifetime.”
The pair of murders also shocked and horrified relatives.
“My heart is broken,” Latrice Meyers-Medrano’s mother, Joeann Mayhel. “It can’t get broken anymore. My daughter died in vain, and I feel so sorry for her kids.”
The investigation is ongoing, authorities said. Police declined to comment on the matter on Wednesday.
Jesus Medrano III is accused of fatally stabbing his father and stepmother, Jesus Medrano Jr., 49, and Latrice Meyers-Medrano, 36, after strangling a 15-year-old girl in Kenosha, police said. Medrano is being held on a $2.5 million bail, online jail records show. He could face life in prison, if convicted.