Davenport, IOWA – According to the Davenport Fire Department, this unfortunate incident occurred right after 3 a.m. early Sunday morning.
It happened in the 3400 block of N. Elmwood.
Davenport Fire Department crews responded to a report of a house fire.
The responding crews discovered that the roof was on fire near the chimney.
They were able to quickly extinguish the blaze.
Salvage operations were completed inside the house, officials said.
No injuries were reported.
This incident remains under investigation.
This is a developing story and it will be updated as new information become available.