2.5 C
Davenport

“Child safety isn’t a parenting choice, it’s a duty!”, Mother, who lost her baby after the boy choked to death during nap time at a day care centre, is warning other parents about child teething necklaces 

The unfortunate mother, who lost her baby son after the boy reportedly choked on his necklace during nap time at a day care centre, is warning other parents about child teething necklaces. Danielle said that her son was found unconscious at the nursery after he had been strangled by a teething necklace while he was sleeping. He was found unresponsive and was taken to the hospital but doctors were unable to save him and the mother made the decision to turn off life support. 

The mother from California, Danielle Morin, said that she lost her 18-month-old son Deacon Ryan Morin in 2016. The baby was critically injured at the Little Impressions Daycare on October 5, 2016. Unfortunately, the little boy was strangled to death after the necklace got caught around his neck, The Independent reports.

Danielle said that her son was found unconscious at the nursery after he had been strangled by a teething necklace while he was sleeping. He was found unresponsive and was taken to the hospital but doctors were unable to save him and the mother made the decision to turn off life support.

The mother told NYP:

“The day care proceeded to tell me it was because of his necklace that got wrapped around his neck during his nap and that it was my fault. No parent should have to bury their child.”

According to The Independent, the owner of the facility and another employee were arrested and charged with willful child endangerment.

Danielle posted a video on her social media account, with the following caption: 

“We also loved our amber teething necklace until it strangled my son to death. Know better do better! Child safety isn’t a parenting choice, it’s a duty!”

According to The Mirror, Amber teething necklaces are beads made of Baltic amber or tree resin that are strung together in the form of a necklace.

These necklaces are reportedly given to infants for teething because it’s believed that small amounts of succinic acid from the amber gets absorbed into the baby’s gums while they are sucking the product and that helps sooth their painful mouth while their first teeth are coming through.

The necklace is supposed to have a safety clasp that allows it to come off if pulled too tight but the one that was given to Danielle had a screw on clasp instead.

The mother also told New York Post that in 2019 she had another baby, 2-year-old Rhett. Danielle says that she will never stop grieving for her first-born.

Danielle is now using her social media accounts to promote child safety. Many of her TikTok videos share warnings against amber necklaces.

One of her followers reportedly commented on her video: 

“I want you to know that I bought one before my daughter was born and your awareness saved me from ever putting it on my daughter. Thank you.”

Other user said: “I was contemplating buying one and now I won’t because of this video. Thank you mama and so so sorry for your loss.”

Latest Articles